This seems like it might be a useful feature, if enough applications would want to take advantage of it.

If we proceed, I have a couple comments:

* All of our existing CSS attributes use "-fx-" as a prefix. My preference would be to do that for transitions as well, absent a compelling reason to do otherwise. I note that you say in your design doc that transition "...is special and distinct from all other CSS properties". Is that the reason you didn't prefix it with "-fx-"? Is it a sufficient reason?

* Initially, I wondered about your providing the CSS attributes without corresponding API on the scene graph objects in question, but I think that's a very good idea.

* This will need a lot of testing since it touches the CSS attribute resolution mechanism.

-- Kevin