On Tue, 15 Aug 2023 19:26:20 GMT, John Hendrikx <jhendr...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Okay, thanks for the clarification.
>>
>> So if I get it right, the removal of `toArray` doesn't have to do with the
>> bug, but with the fact that with the immutable set it is not longer required?
>
> I removed it because my fix requires that `toArray` works correctly.  The
> easiest way to get a correctly working version is to extend `AbstractSet`,
> which provides a default implementation that works correctly.  As I think the
> default implementation is good enough and performs well enough, I saw no
> reason to fix the broken version.

The original ("broken") version has been working fine, and no bugs have been
reported so far, and there would be a reason to have a custom implementation
instead of the one in `AbstractSet` in the first place.

I'm not against removing it, but only after we are certain that this
implementation is no longer needed.

Also, have you tried fixing it instead of removing it? If you have, are there
any differences when you run the test with one or the other?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1076#discussion_r1295196549