On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:45:31 GMT, Michael Strauß <mstra...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please read [this
>> document](https://gist.github.com/mstr2/9f46f92c98d3c86aa6a0b4224a9a6548)
>> for an introduction to the Platform Preferences API, and how it interacts
>> with the proposed style theme and stage appearance features.
>
> Michael Strauß has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
> merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains ten commits:
>
>  - Added test
>  - doc changes
>  - Ensure that ColorProperty changes are atomic when observed
>  - removed unused code
>  - Move Appearance enum to javafx.application
>  - doc changes
>  - Removed platform-independent preference keys
>  - documentation
>  - Platform preferences implementation

It looks like the discussion in the mailing list resolved some of the questions
the group posed, perhaps we could move forward.

Would it be possible to extract read-only platform preferences into a separate
PR in order to integrate that part first?

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1014#issuecomment-1692440571