On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 16:17:29 GMT, Hima Bindu Meda <hm...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Minimum version of python ,to run webkit build , on linux is set to 3.6 and
>> for other platforms, minimum version of python is set to 3.8.
>>
>> Verified build on all platforms. No issue seen
>
> Hima Bindu Meda has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   change minimum version for mac to 3.6

Just a note that I was unable to build WebKit on Windows using the latest
Python version 3.9 that comes with and up-to-date Cygwin installation due to
the following issue:

* [Windows-style path is not recognized under
cygwin](https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/90907)

I also couldn't find an easy way to "pin" the version number to keep Cygwin
from upgrading it, so I had to revert the version manually each time I ran the
Cygwin update tool. See my message on the mailing list for details:

* [Cygwin Python 3.9 breaks Windows WebKit
build](https://mail.openjdk.org/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2023-January/037822.html)

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1205#issuecomment-1706877360