That is good to know that this issue is already being worked on. From the description of https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8316423, this issue is only tracked as affecting secondary stages? At least in our case it affects the primary stage as well, i.e. the one that is supplied via Application.start. Also, in this case it's not really about the scene dimensions, the stage doesn't even apply its own dimensions that were explicitly set before.