Hi,

It seems there are some opportunities to explore with Wayland:

For kiosks (Ubuntu frame):
https://mir-server.io/

https://wayland.app/protocols/
There are some interesting extensions such as Tizen (samsung OS) and
"In-vehicle infotainment": https://wayland.app/protocols/ivi-application
I found it interesting because of the Wayland adoption for those scenarios.

I'm doing some experiments and it seems to fit well using wayland-client
directly.

I was thinking about keeping GTK for system dialogs such as file open - but
it can be done with DBUS and xdg-desktop-portal. So if the user is on KDE
it will display a KDE file open dialog:
https://flatpak.github.io/xdg-desktop-portal/docs/. Same for "Settings".

xdg-desktop-portal also has interfaces for "RemoteDesktop" which I think
can be used for Robot (to simulate as if it was using RDP and send cursor
movements and keys).

 -- Thiago