> As noted in the JBS bug, this is a follow-on to
> [JDK-8196011](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8196011) that I discovered
> while testing the fix for
> [JDK-8221261](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8221261) (a deadlock in the
> IME code when using WebView in a JFXPanel on macOS).
>
> I have tested this in connection with with the proposed fix for JDK-8221261,
> although it is a valid fix regardless.
>
> This expands the fix done in
> [JDK-8221261](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8221261) to call all of the
> WebKit methods on the right thread. Additionally, we sometimes see spurious
> exceptions where the committed text is coming back as null, so I changed the
> log level to "fine" rather than "severe" for those exceptions. I'll file a
> follow-up bug  to see if any of these are real problems or not.

Kevin Rushforth has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains four additional
commits since the last revision:

 - Revert change to log message when exception occurs
 - Merge branch 'master' into 8322703-webkit-ime-crash
 - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into 8322703-webkit-ime-crash
 - 8322703: Intermittent crash in WebView in a JFXPanel from IME calls on macOS

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1321/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1321/files/c5ce4a7f..bfca6a9c

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jfx&pr=1321&range=02
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jfx&pr=1321&range=01-02

  Stats: 290025 lines in 6457 files changed: 170612 ins; 83465 del; 35948 mod
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1321.diff
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jfx.git pull/1321/head:pull/1321