All,

The jfx22u repo [1] is now open for JavaFX 22.0.1 backports (the April 2024 CPU release), with prior approval. The general criteria is that we want to backport fixes for regressions introduced in JavaFX 22, third-party library updates, and a limited number of other important bug fixes. In most cases we'd like to see the fix "bake" in the mainline for a while before being backported to jfx22u.

NOTE: Only those fixes that will NOT be backported to the jfx22 [2] stabilization branch are candidates for backporting to jfx22u. A backport intended for the JavaFX 22 code line will go into either the jfx22 branch or the jfx22u repo, not both.

We use a similar procedure for making the request and noting the approval as is used by the JDK updates releases -- by using JBS labels to request a backport and indicate approval or rejection.

Here is the procedure:

1. A developer makes the request by adding the "jfx22u-fix-request" label to the main bug in JBS (not the backport record, even presuming one exists), with a comment indicating that you would like to backport it, along with a justification and risk assessment, if needed.

2. One of the JavaFX projects leads, either Johan Vos or myself, will add a "jfx22u-fix-yes" label to approve or "jfx22u-fix-no" label to reject the request, along with a comment. In either case, the jfx22u-request label is left in place.

3. Create the backport PR for jfx22u, either manually or using the "/backport" command. If you have good reason to believe that that this bug is a good candidate for jfx22u, then you can do this step first and use Skara's "/approval" command to request approval.

Let Johan or me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

-- Kevin

[1] https://github.com/openjdk/jfx22u
[2] https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/tree/jfx22