On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 16:07:31 GMT, Michael Strauß <mstra...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> The `Animation` class states in the documentation of various methods that the
> method call would be asynchronous, using language similar to:
>

> {@code stop()} is an asynchronous call, the {@code Animation} may not stop
> immediately.
>

> This is factually wrong, there are no asynchronous calls. In fact, the
> methods in question can only be called synchronously on the JavaFX
> Application thread, and the state of the animation is changed immediately.
> For example, when `stop()` is called, the animation transitions to the
> stopped state instantly, without waiting for the next animation pulse.

We need to resolve [this mailing list discussion
thread](https://mail.openjdk.org/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2024-January/044734.html)
 before deciding whether to proceed with this or not. If we keep the change to
require animation to be done on the JavaFX application thread (meaning we
reject the proposal put forward in that mailing list thread), then I agree that
this doc change should be done, and backported to JavaFX 22.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1342#issuecomment-1901022687