On Fri, 2 Feb 2024 13:30:19 GMT, John Hendrikx <jhendr...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The SimpleSelector and CompoundSelector classes are public classes in an
>> exported package, javafx.css, but they are not intended to be used by
>> applications. They are implementation details. They cannot be constructed
>> directly and no other JavaFX API accepts or returns a SimpleSelector or
>> CompoundSelector.
>>
>> We should deprecate them for removal so we can move them to a non-exported
>> package, removing them from the public API.
>
> John Hendrikx has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Deprecate for 23 and add new method

I've tested the change proposed in
https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/1340#issuecomment-1924508539 successfully:
I've built locally this PR and Scene Builder with the proposed change. Then,
showing the CSS analyzer, it calls `CSSInternal::getStyleClasses` using
`Selector::getClasses`, which produces the same result as using the old
implementation.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1340#issuecomment-1926007302