Announcing new features and encouraging testing of those features is a good idea. We should do that more often, especially in cases where feedback on the API is important. Developers who are willing to download the ea builds (SDK or JMODs) can do so right away, since builds are published weekly.

Gluon produces the maven releases, so Johan can probably answer the question about the frequency of EA snapshots in maven central.

-- Kevin