I second what John and Michael say (provide more APIs in OpenJFX that can
only realistically be implemented in OpenJFX).

I believe the experience from Robert as the creator of ValidatorFX is
extremely valuable to this. The key question that might help to see what we
need here is: "What would have made it easier to create ValidatorFX (I hear
the point of not using final everywhere)?"

- Johan