On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 19:21:16 GMT, Marius Hanl <mh...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This PR fixes the border glitch/gap as explained in both linked tickets.
>
> I noted that the `ScrollPane` control does not suffer from this problem,
> although the code is mostly the same as in `VirtualFlow`. The `ScrollPane`
> snaps the content correctly, no matter which scale. I carefully checked the
> code and it seems that the container structure in `ScrollPane` was explicitly
> written to handle this perfectly. There was definitely some thought on that.
>
> So to finally fix this issue, I rewrote the `VirtualFlow` container/scrolling
> code to be **exactly** the same as in `ScrollPane`(Skin).
> And this also fixes the issue, while behaving the same as before.
>
> In the future it may makes sense to try to somewhat unify the code from
> `ScrollPane` and `VirtualFlow`. I already have some ideas.
>
> Unfortunately though, one more container is introduced to `VirtualFlow`, so
> the css needs to be changed since it is very strictly written in the first
> place:
> Before: `.list-view:focused > .virtual-flow > .clipped-container > .sheet >
> .list-cell`
> After: `.list-view:focused > .virtual-flow > .viewport > .clipped-container >
> .sheet > .list-cell`
>
> To better understand this, the container structure (tree) is shown below:
>
> - ScrollPane
>   - viewRect ->  `setClip` -> clipRect (viewContent size)
>     - viewContent -> `setLayoutX`
>       - Content
>   - vsb
>   - hsb
>   - corner
>
> ---
> - VirtualFlow
>   - viewRect **(->NEW IN THIS PR<-)** -> `setClip` -> clipRect
> (clippedContainer size)
>     - clippedContainer/clipView -> `setLayoutX` (when scrolling)
>       - sheet
>         - Cell
>   - vsb
>   - hsb
>   - corner

Note that I found out something interesting which can MAY help us here to solve
the problem in another way.

What I found out:
If I set the the opacity of the clip rect to something under 1, this bug
disappears.
![image](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/assets/66004280/e8c02bf5-e16b-4ca4-96ed-36a0ede72094)

So something in the low level clip rendering is different when an opacity is
set. Will investigate if there could be another solution.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1330#issuecomment-1986971595