On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 15:36:44 GMT, Oliver Kopp <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Fixes https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8330462.
>>
>> If the parameter `maxLength` is larger than `Integer.MAX_VALUE - start`,
>> then an addition of `start` to it leads to a negative value. This is "fixed"
>> by using `Math.max` comparing the `maxLength` and `maxLength + start`.
>
> Oliver Kopp has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
> merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains 19 additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into patch-1
>  - Remove accidently commited file
>  - Fix method name
>  - Check for overflow
>  - Add method comment
>  - Fix visibility
>  - Convert test to JUnit5
>  - Introduce Shim
>  - Rename method, add comments, simplify method
>  - Fix visibility
>  - ... and 9 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/compare/d79fe2b5...ab651984

There is use of native code in the `static` block

    private native static void _initIDs();
    static {
        _initIDs();
    }

Currently, all tests fail because that native library is not found

    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: 'void
com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinTextRangeProvider._initIDs()'

I don't know how to load native libraries here. - I could also change that code
part of WinTextRangeProvider to behave different in test mode. But that is a
bad pattern, isn't it?

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1442#issuecomment-2067714382