On Mon, 6 May 2024 08:49:27 GMT, Florian Kirmaier <fkirma...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> As seen in the unit test of the PR, when we click on the area above/below
>> the scrollbar the position jumps - but the jump is now not always consistent.
>> In the current version on the last cell - the UI always jumps to the top. In
>> the other cases, the assumed default cell height is used.
>>
>> With this PR, always the default cell height is used, to determine how much
>> is scrolled.
>> This makes the behavior more consistent.
>>
>> Especially from the unit-test, it's clear that with this PR the behavior is
>> much more consistent.
>>
>> This is also related to the following PR:
>> https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/pull/1194
>
> Florian Kirmaier has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   JDK-8323511: Fix scrolling when clicking the scrollbar track when only one
> cell is visible

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/skin/VirtualFlow.java
 line 1804:

> 1802:
> 1803:     /**
> 1804:      * The amount of pixels by which to adjust the position when the
> the scroll bar track is clicked.

should it be the height of the viewport, so to speak?

modules/javafx.controls/src/main/java/javafx/scene/control/skin/VirtualFlow.java
 line 1810:

> 1808:     public double getBlockIncrement() {
> 1809:         // For reasons of backward compatibility, we use the cell
> length of the empty cell (cell index -1)
> 1810:         return getCellLength(-1);

How would that work when cell heights are different for each cell?

What if the cell height is much larger than the viewport height (as in, 10
times larger?)

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1326#discussion_r1591273143
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1326#discussion_r1591274020