On Fri, 31 May 2024 21:50:08 GMT, Andy Goryachev <ango...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Changing certain ScrollBar, ScrollPane, and TextArea sizes from `em` to `px`
> in modena.css to make them independent of the font size *in that control*.
>
> After the change, the UI still looks good which can be tested by scaling
> default font size in a fairly wide range:
>

> .root { -fx-font-size:100%; }
>

> Using CSS Playground tool in the Monkey Tester at 50% and 200% font size:
>
> ![Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 14 48
> 41](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/assets/107069028/c41e1500-ccfe-4aa6-b47a-42571f60b335)
>
> ![Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 14 49
> 34](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/assets/107069028/78270097-4ce3-4c3e-8600-aba8d368495c)

I must clarify: ideally, the size of all the UI elements *should* depend on the
base font size, but currently does not (and I don't know exactly how to make it
so).

And apparently I am wrong about saying that only TextArea has the issue.  Here
is a screenshot of an app with the root font size set at 50%, and combo box at
200%:

![Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 08 29
21](https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/assets/107069028/99cc0666-e286-4464-9adc-c31be351a4c6)

It does not look right either, the UI elements should not get scaled in my
opinion, only the text.  I'd rather have a consistent size of UI elements in an
application.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1469#issuecomment-2150364599