> This PR provides the test case given in the JBS issue, and a simple fix for
> the index calculation when inserting data after previous data with duplicate
> categories.
>
> Also, I've added a comment to `BarChart`s javadoc, clarifying the behavior
> that was apparently assumed (but broken) previously.
>
> The index lookup is skipped for performance reasons if there are no
> duplicates, corresponding to the previous implementation.
> Further optimizations would be possible, but probably are not really helpful
> without more extensive changes. The previous code already loops over all
> categories to check if they are present, typically nested in a loop adding
> many data items, thus already scaling quadratically when adding lots of
> mostly unique data points.

Markus Mack has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
commit since the last revision:

  additional BarChart tests & updated fix: Insert new categories according to
the concatenation of the data of all series, skipping duplicates

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1476/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1476/files/276717ab..7fd81ad5

Webrevs: