Perhaps I should have been clearer. I mentioned that example merely to make
a point on how having a stylesheet set as an AUTHOR stylesheet can be a
problem (Modena or a custom theme library like JMetro)  :-) .
It wasn't actually to create a new separate discussion.

As for the other discussion not exactly related to the one in this thread
(having custom themes be user agent stylesheets) I think I have found a way
to make multiple stylesheets be a user agent stylesheet.
That was my main problem as JMetro is composed of more than 1 stylesheet.
I'm also doing it while still just using the javafx standard API. Thus far
it's working except for some minor bugs (which I'm inclined to think are
bugs in JavaFX itself).

Thanks!