On Tue, 1 Oct 2024 16:17:31 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> the javadoc was incorrect, thanks for catching.
>> rephrased to say
>> "Any failures, such as the control being not editable, or out of memory
>> condition, will be silently ignored. "
>>
>> Currently, there is no way to provide an error feedback (audio or visual),
>> such as `beep()`.  Perhaps we need to add Tags.ERROR so that application can
>> implement its own.
>>
>> Another issue is logging - it would be nice to provide a mechanism to plug
>> in into application logging subsystem, whatever that is.  create a protected
>> method?
>
> I don't think we want to get into the logging business. We currently use the
> System logger for all of our logging. Unless there is some compelling reason
> we need to do more, we should stick with that.

Right.

I think providing error feedback via new `Tags.ERROR_FEEDBACK` should be
sufficient.  The default is to do nothing (javafx does not have a `beep()`) but
the applications are free to supply their own implementation.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1524#discussion_r1783348419