I'm using an Image layer and noticed while zooming in/out that images seem
to be clipped to the viewport and only refresh after animations are done.
It looks pretty unpolished.

I've seen similar things happen on Vector Layers *but* I found an
"updateWhileAnimating" boolean and was willing to sacrifice performance for
things looking nicer... so I tried the same here.

But it doesn't work because this feature is restricted to Vector layers
(and children).

Is there a reason why this feature isn't more universal?