Hi everyone,

OL-Cesium code sprint

We had our first code sprint this spring in Bussigny as part of a
common OGC/Apache/OsGeo event. It was a nice experience. I warmly
thanks all the people that joined this adventure. Here is a short
presentation of the sprint achivements:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1hKQvpQmb_sWNB8jJVStuN2fOjQ6jdTUtmdoXTLl2GSk/edit?usp=sharing

I am looking forward for another code sprint!

FOSS4G 2023 - Prizren

I gave a talk to FOSS4G this summer about the status of OL-Cesium.
Here are my slides:
https://space.cloud68.co/s/rAMZAiqPjfw5afJ?dir=undefined&path=%2FMirusha%2F29.06.2023&openfile=1357368
. In a nutshell, my mesage was twofold:
- OL-Cesium has a good architecture, very flexible;
- I want an open and thriving community and I do an effort to achieve that.
There were lots of talks about Cesium and 3D this year. Clearly the
expectations have moved towards 3D, which is quite a change compared
to the last FOSS4G I participated.

OL-Cesium / Cesium-OL

OL-Cesium has been about extending OpenLayers (adding 3D to an OpenLayers map).
It is striking to notice that the same could be done the other way:
extending Cesium with OpenLayers.
We had various discussions about this topic, notably with the people
present at the code sprint and then at the FOSS4G. Here is a try of a
list of features missing from Cesium: reprojections (raster and
vector), Mapbox Vector Tiles, Geotiff, heatmap.
If you are interested in that topic, please contact me.

OL-Cesium v2.15

I released a new version today. It is compatible with the latest OL
and Cesium versions (7.4 for OL and 1.107 for CesiumJS); it is
compatible with older OL and Cesium too.
A prominent new feature is the addition of some low level functions to
help you with client side printing: ability to draw a mask, take a
screenshot, see the associated example.

Cheers,

Guillaume Beraudo