Hi everyone.  I have another "duh" question.

I am writing software for a proprietary piece of hardware.  I will be using the
C libraries for openldap.  I need to write some functions for LDAP so that the
UI of the software has the option to authenticate a user via LDAP and LDAP over
SSL.  Basically it will just act like a client that will Simple Bind to the
LDAP
server for authentication.

I read the document here.  http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/185.html

I followed the instructions on the website to generate the SSL certs.

My question is, on the website above it says....

"You must also install a copy of the CA certificate on all of your client
machines. Configuration is done in /usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf:"

Does this mean I need to provide a way to the customer to manually
transfer his/her CA cert the proprietary hardware, if they want to use LDAP
over
SSL???  Or when I use the Start TLS function, do the certs automatically get
transfered behind the scene?

thanks