Hi,

Although I use cn=config instead of slapd.conf, my setup is similar.
I've created one user (e.g. cn=replicator) with global read access.
Created a certificate (and private key) for that user and mapped it to
the user via:

olcAuthzRegexp: {0}"cn=certificate data comes here" "cn=replicator"

then my replica line looks like this:

olcSyncrepl: {0}rid=001 provider=ldap://firstserver bindmethod=sasl
saslmech=external
 authcid="cn=certificate data comes here" starttls=critical
tls_cert=/path/to/the/cert
 tls_key=/path/to/the/privatekey tls_cacert=/path/to/the/cacert
tls_reqcert=demand searchbase=
  "dc=example,dc=com" type=refreshAndPersist retry="5 5 300 5" timeout=1