I am attempting to configure OpenVPN to use openldap to authenticate our Active
Directory users who are a member of our VPN group in AD. Here is my ldap config
for OpenVPN. Specifically I need the filter string to allow enabled users who
are a member of the _VPN group. The one you see below is from an example script
I found that explains how to configure LDAP for openvpn.

SearchFilter
"(&(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=vpn))"

Any help is appreciated!

<LDAP>
# LDAP server URL
URL             ldap://172.16.1.70

# Bind DN (If your LDAP server doesn't support anonymous binds)
BindDN                CN=ldapusername,OU=LDAP,DC=example,DC=local
# Bind Password cn=vmail password
Password              *******

# Network timeout (in seconds)
Timeout         15

</LDAP>

<Authorization>
# Base DN
BaseDN          "dc=example,dc=local"
# User Search Filter
SearchFilter
"(&(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=vpn))"
# Require Group Membership
RequireGroup    false
</Authorization>

Josh Cole