Am Donnerstag, 29. September 2016 10:20 CEST, Hallvard Breien Furuseth
<h.b.furus...@usit.uio.no> schrieb:

> On 29. sep. 2016 08:52, Ralf Mattes wrote:
> > Just a quick question: isit possible to control access to attributes based
> > on an attribute tag?
> > The idea is to hide certain attributes by adding a "...;x-hidden' tag.
>
> Doesn't the ";x-hidden" example in the slapd-config(5) manual page work?

Oh, it does, once one knows about it :-)

I usually consult the "full" documentation (in this case the Admin Guide,
see http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/access-control.html) and here tags
aren't
even mentioned. And ''man slapd.access" doesn't point to "man slapd.conf" in its
"SEE ALSO" section. I wouldn't have expected that such a speial feature is
explained in the
general configuration documentation but not in the special one. And the syntax
description
on that page doesn't mention tags at all.

Thanks, Ralf Mattes