--On Tuesday, May 4, 2021 7:13 PM +0000 thomaswilliampritch...@gmail.com wrote:

It is always running when we take backups via mdb_copy.

Then it's expected the contextCSN won't be perfectly in sync at that point. I assume you're only doing an mdb copy of the primary db, and not the accesslog DB, since the accesslog DB is serverID specific.

It's not clear to me what you mean by "most accurate". If the checkpoint is behind, the system should still be able to quickly regain its state since it will simply replay the accesslog on the other provider until it's current. I.e., as long as a reasonable checkpoint is already in place, it will never get particularly behind.

I would generally advise upgrading to a current build, however, to pull in the more recent replication related fixes, particularly:

OpenLDAP 2.4.57 Release (2021/01/18)
   Fixed slapo-syncprov to ignore duplicate sessionlog entries (ITS#9394)

OpenLDAP 2.4.58 Release (2021/03/16)
   Fixed slapd syncrepl to check all contextCSNs (ITS#9282)

Regards,
Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount