--On Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:34 PM +0200 Stefan Kania <ste...@kania-online.de> wrote:

Hi to all,

I'm still testing TOPT with OpenLDAP 2.5. I got TOTP1 running. So a user
with an OTP can use the six-digit number from googleauthenticator (or
freeOTP+) to authenticate while using ldapsearch. Then I switch to
TOTP1ANDPW I generate a secretkey for the TOTP-part of userPassword.
Then I create a password with "slappasswd" and put both TOTP1|password
together in userPassword after decoding base64 I saw what I expected:

Again, I have to ask why you simply aren't using the OTP module that ships with 2.5 and whatever your favorite password hashing scheme is (I advise ARGON2) to do this.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect