--On Friday, August 20, 2021 10:05 AM +0200 Ulrich Windl <ulrich.wi...@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

Hi!

It might get interesting if you sync cn=config, however.

cn=config uses back-ldif not back-mdb, and even if it was using back-mdb, it still wouldn't matter for the internal format change to back-mdb.

I would also note that there are critical problems with cn=config replication in 2.4 so people shouldn't be doing that anyway. The issues we know of were fixed in 2.5, so that's the first release where I'd consider replication of cn=config.

However, there are likely incompatibilities between 2.4 and 2.5 for cn=config replication. The fact that 2.5's ppolicy no longer uses a schema file for example. But again, people should not be using cn=config replication in 2.4.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect