--On Tuesday, May 10, 2022 5:57 PM +0200 René Gallati <rene.gall...@ergon.ch> wrote:

Hello list,

I have an openldap 2.4.49 (ubuntu 20.04 LTS) server pair running with
syncrepl. I also have memberof overlay activated and during a debug
session found out that this is a no-go. I was debugging a problem where
an user record that is in two groups only shows one memberOf attribute
value whereas other users show the expected amount of memberOf values.

Now I'm looking into replacing the memberof overlay but it appears that
for my use case there is no replacement at all.

Hello,

OpenLDAP 2.4.49 is no longer supported nor does it have the functionality you are after. You need to upgrade to OpenLDAP 2.5 or later to make use of the updated version of dynlist.

If you are unable to package OpenLDAP 2.5 yourself, you may want to use the freely available from Symas or the LTB project.

Symas: <https://repo.symas.com/soldap2.5/>

LTB: <https://ltb-project.org/download.html>

Regards,
Quanah