I'm testing the openldap cache module pcache with OpenLDAP 2.6 on
Debian11 (symas-packages). The proxy has the following config:
(I'm testing caching so no security is set)
--------------
include         /opt/symas/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /opt/symas/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /opt/symas/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /opt/symas/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
pidfile         /var/symas/run/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/symas/run/slapd.args
loglevel       any
modulepath      /opt/symas/lib/openldap
moduleload      back_mdb.la
moduleload      argon2.la
moduleload back_ldap
moduleload pcache
sizelimit 500
tool-threads 1
database ldap
suffix  "dc=example,dc=net"
uri     "ldap://ldap-server.example.net";
rootdn "cn=admin,dc=example,dc=net"
protocol-version 3
rebind-as-user
overlay pcache
pcachePersist TRUE
pcache mdb 100000 2 1000 100
pcacheAttrset  0 mail postaladdress telephonenumber givenname
pcacheAttrset  1 uid employeetype
pcacheTemplate (sn=) 0 3600
pcacheTemplate (&(sn=)(givenName=)) 0 3600
pcacheTemplate (&(departmentNumber=)(secretary=*)) 0 3600
directory /var/symas/cache
index objectclass eq
index uid,cn,sn,mail,givenname pres,eq,sub
--------------
 The following host are involved:

ldap-server<----->ldap-proxy<----->ldap-client
The ldap-client can only access the ldap-proxy. (ldap.conf ist pointing
to the ldap-proxy) Now I do a:
ldapsearch -x '(&(sn=Kania)(givenName=Stefan))' givenname

The first time I can see that the proxy is asking the ldap-server and is
giving the result to the ldap-client.

Each time I repeat the command on the ldap-client, only the log from the
ldap-proxy is showing the access from the ldap-client. The ldap-client
is getting the result from the proxy.

I can even shutdown the ldap-server and the client is still getting the
result from the proxy. Up to this point I understand the log but if I
set "loglevel any" I see:
access_allowed: result not in cache (givenName)
But I think the result IS in the cache otherwise I would not get the
result with the ldap-server turned off.
So why do I get this messages?