Hi Ondřej,

thank you for your answer, that's what I wanted to know.

Stefan

Am 15.12.22 um 12:48 schrieb Ondřej Kuzník:
On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 06:57:05PM +0100, Stefan Kania wrote:
Am 14.12.22 um 18:17 schrieb Quanah Gibson-Mount:
--On Wednesday, December 14, 2022 5:58 PM +0100 Stefan Kania
<ste...@kania-online.de> wrote:
Hi to all,

I want to test the "lloadd" as a standalone daemon. I'm using the symas
OpenLDAP 2.6 packages on a debian 11 system. I can only find the module
"lloadd.la" but not the standalone daemon. If I want to us it, do I have
to compile it myself?

What would be the better way using the standalone daemon or use it as a
module as part of slapd.

Hi Stefan,
usually the slapd module is preferred (due to cn=config and cn=monitor
support, see RELATION TO SLAPD(8) in the lloadd manpage), and since we
only get to build one in a single installation, Symas packages offer
that.

You can run lloadd as a standalone slapd instance that loads the lloadd
module.

That's ok but the manpage for lloadd is telling me:

SYNOPSIS
/opt/symas/lib/lloadd .....

And the manpage for lloadd.conf is telling me:

DESCRIPTION
        The file /opt/symas/etc/openldap/lloadd.conf contains configuration
information for the lloadd(8)daemon

But non of the two files are existing.

There is no lloadd.conf in /opt/symas/etc/openldap/ just like there is
no slapd.conf in that installation, this is just the default path for
the file. However a sample file slapd.conf.default is provided for
slapd.conf and maybe it would be useful that a lloadd.conf.default be
provided too.

Regards,

--
Stefan Kania