Am 15.12.22 um 13:10 schrieb Ondřej Kuzník:
On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 09:20:14PM +0100, Stefan Kania wrote:
I now took the example configuration and changed it to my settings:

---------------------
feature proxyauthz
bindconf bindmethod=simple
          binddn=uid=lloadd,ou=users,dc=example,dc=net
---------------------

The bind-user exists in the database of the backend-server. If i start the
loadbalancer I can see that the connection are established.

[...]

I see the same messages on ldap02, so that's ok

Then I do a search from a different machine:

[...]

-------------
root@ldap03:~# ldapsearch -x -D uid=repl-user,ou=users,dc=example,dc=net -w
geheim -H ldaps://loadbalancer.example.net:1636 -LLL
Proxied Authorization Denied (123)
Additional information: not authorized to assume identity
------------

Why do I get different log-entries on the backend-server? And what did I
forgot?

[...]

So what's the point I'm missing to get proxyauthz work correctly?

Hi Stefan,
the backends are refusing the lloadd's identity (in your case
uid=lloadd,ou=users,dc=example,dc=net) the permission to act as a proxy
for the users in question. You should define a policy on the backends
that allows this: you can do so using the authz-policy and
authzTo/authzFrom attributes, see the slapd manpage for how they work.
Ok, thank you, I will take a look at it. Up to now I only using authz-regexp together with Kerberos.

Note that since this control is added to every (non-bind) request we
proxy, requests with this control present will end up with two and will
be rejected by the backend, lloadd does not have a policy engine of any
sort so it cannot decide whether it should be allowed or not, the only
case exempt from this is if a client uses lloadd's own identity.

So that means, at the moment it's not possible to identify as an other user as the bind-user from the lloadd configuration to the backend-server?

I normaly have different clients with different users and different ACLs to access the DIT.

Some future version might be able to hand over some authentication and
authorization processing to the host slapd and this would allow us to
decide what value to pass in the proxyauthz control but implementation
has not started yet. I would be happy to guide anyone willing to
implement this.
I would like to help and test :-)

Regards,