Am 30.03.23 um 22:11 schrieb Eric Fetzer:
OK, getting a little further.  I've come to the realization that I need to uninstall, reconfigure to include a few overlays, then reinstall. I'm on RHEL 8.7, and thus built from source.  What do I need to do to uninstall?  Guessing the first thing I need to remove is /etc/openldap.

Thanks,
Eric

So you are having a LDIF-File with your configuration in it? Then stop the slapd do a "rm -rf /path/to/slapd.d/*" Then do a "slapadd -n0 -F /path/to/slapd.d -l /path/to/your/config.ldif" then a "chown -R <openldap-user> /path/to/slapd.d" then restart slapd