Hi to all,

I just installed openSUSE 15.5 and the actual symas packages. After installing OpenLDAP I could start slapd but "ldapsearch -Y external -H ldapi:///" is giving me a "can't connect to ldapserver"

I found out that the ldap-socket on SUSE is (the same a on Debian systems) in /var/symas/run/ldapi and I can see:

ss -lp | grep slapd
u_str LISTEN 0 2048 /var/symas/run/ldapi 15214 * 0 users:(("slapd",pid=1431,fd=9))

but doing a ldapsearch:
provider01:~ # ldapmodify -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -d 5
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldapi:///)
ldap_create
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldapi:///??base)
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind: user selected: EXTERNAL
ldap_int_sasl_bind: EXTERNAL
ldap_new_connection 1 1 0
ldap_int_open_connection
ldap_connect_to_path
ldap_new_socket: 3
ldap_connect_to_path: Trying /run/slapd/ldapi
ldap_connect_timeout: fd: 3 tm: -1 async: 0
ldap_ndelay_on: 3
ldap_close_socket: 3
ldap_msgfree
ldap_err2string
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

You can see, that ldapsearch is looking in /run/slapd/ for the socket. How can I change this?

I tested with setting a link:
ln -s /var/symas/run/ldapi /run/slapd/

and ldapseach wit "external" is working. But this was only a test. After rebooting the system the link is gone.

So how can I either change the behavior of the ldap-commands or changing the path where the socket will be stored?

 Thank's for any help