> > Am just testing with an alpine linux container and an ldap db with ~10
> > entries, almost nothing. Yet when I look in top res memory is 700MB. So
> > assume everything is already cached, but I don't really get then this
> > logging. I don't even get why 700MB is being used, my data is probably
>
> > few 100KB.
>
> It's the ACL cache, which is internal and you have no control over.

oh ok that makes sense.

> You've provided virtually no information on your environment's
> configuration for slapd.  I would note that if you're seeing "result not
> in
> cache" then you have your logging level turned up insanely high on the
> server, which will slow down everything.

I am just testing if some application is efficiently authenticating with a
simple bind (and not doing searches) In a later stage I would like to maybe
optimize authenticating against ldap with credential caching.  When I saw this
I just thought I could do something with it. (In another thread I posted about
having binds max out at 150req/s, while searches are ~9000req/s)