Hi All.

I have had a question come down from our Enterprise information team -

We currently create a separate identity in oldap for students vs faculty/staff,
but want to start creating only one identity going forward.

The DN in the ldif is unique for these two identities, but they do share a
common attribute.

Is there a way in the ldapmodify add process to query the whole directory for
an attribute coming from the ldif file, and then if it doesn't exist reject the
add for that identity, and then of course go on processing the rest of the file?

My gut says no, or at least not without some scripting that I am not familiar
with.

Thanks for your time.

Norman Singley
Directory Services / IT University of Montana
406 243 6799
norman.sing...@umontana.edu