Thank you all for your help. I had indeed not understood the notion of 'free pages' which affected the way to retrieve the actual number of used pages.

And indeed, with recent versions of OpenLDAP, I noted that it was possible to retrieve this information by querying the monitor database (attributes olmMDBPagesMax, olmMDBPagesUsed & olmMDBPagesFree for those wondering).

@Clément: I also implemented a similar monitoring plugin :) (https://exchange.icinga.com/brenard/check_mdb). Don't forget to share your works on this great website (and possibly on https://exchange.nagios.org) ;)

--
Benjamin Renard                  -                   Easter-eggs
44-46 rue de l'Ouest  -  75014 Paris   -   France -  Métro Gaité