--On Friday, May 24, 2024 2:38 AM +0530 anil kumar pathuri <anilkumar.pathu...@gmail.com> wrote:

This is what I did: Installed openldap 2.4.44 --> Upgraded to Symas
OpenLDAP 2.4.57 --> Upgrading from Symas OpenLDAP 2.4.57 to Symas
OpenLDAP 2.6.7
***PS: I am not using slapd.conf, what should I do in this case.

So you started with a RH based installation, then upgraded, for a system where you don't even have an active deployment. Why?

If you're starting from scratch, I would just start with Symas 2.6.

In any case, since your cn=config is based on one initially coming from RedHat (and not Symas), you are missing the required olcModuleLoad statements. RedHat builds had the database backend compiled into slapd, Symas builds have them as modules instead.

You can find an example here:

<https://gist.githubusercontent.com/quanah/4c6e477c9946442889b9f84de2091fbf/raw/ca2e4080320921b136de1ac7ead5c70353053d2f/gistfile1.txt>

Note that you will need to change olcModulePath to the path where the back_mdb module is located in a symas deployment (/opt/symas/lib/openldap)

Regards,
Quanah