> I am not sure I agree with the principle of this.
> I thought each plugin is independent and from 2.0 would only change it's
> number if it was changed.
I was assuming, that the plugin version number increases from release to
release and if there will be a plugin from the community at some time it can
use its own version number. Hm... but will it not be better if they are
maintained together with OpenLP? (assuming that there will not be many
community plugins)

> That way we track changes and make features upgrade if necessary.
Is that your oppion or do we actually plan to do things like this?
Nevertheless, is this the right approach? A version number cannot be used to
inform what has changed (=changelog).

> If we are going to a single version number then why have it at all in the
> plugins and just take the number from the build version.
I wanted to remove the hard coded version anyway. But first I need to figure
out how things should be done, as there are three ways to receive the version:
- bzr
- .version file
- website

> Simplification is good but in this case either leave as is or remove totally.
But when we leave it, it will be hard coded, won't it?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~googol-hush/openlp/trivial/+merge/52923
Your team OpenLP Core is subscribed to branch lp:openlp.