** Changed in: openlp
    Milestone: None => 1.9.5

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of OpenLP
Core, which is subscribed to OpenLP.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/708871

Title:
  SongUsage isn't helpful when saving reports

Status in OpenLP - Worship Presentation Software:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Two things:
  Firstly the songusage report form doesn't make it explicit that it only wants
a directory in the box and not a filename.

  Secondly if the directory is entered instead of chosen giving rise to
  misspelt or non-existant entries we don't mention this to the user we
  just log an exception and the screen goes away having not saved any
  report and not told the user why we won't save a report.

  Exception in log:

  2011-01-27 20:44:59,694 openlp.plugins.songusage.forms.songusagedetailform
  ERROR    Failed to write out song usage records
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File
"/home/jt/projects/openlp/openlp/trivialfixes/openlp/plugins/songusage/forms/songusagedetailform.py",
 line 88, in accept
      file = open(outname, u'w')
  IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
u'~/test_report/usage_detail_01012011_31012011.txt'
  2011-01-27 20:46:03,913 openlp.plugins.songusage.forms.songusagedetailform
  DEBUG    Detailed report generated

  Note the ridiculousness of the last debug entry too.