I just meant Impress is ticked in the OpenLP settings available
controllers but not sure how relevant that is to be honest.

I'm not sure about threads, not done much of that and would require a
bit of careful plumbing to try and ensure someone didn't try and do
something with a presentation before it is loaded. Also I can't remember
offhand if it needs to start it in order to build the UI.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of OpenLP
Core, which is subscribed to OpenLP.

Title:
  Presentation plugin slows down application start up

Status in OpenLP - Worship Presentation Software:
  New

Bug description:
  Hello,

  On our church computer (XP) OpenLP takes very long to load. (If more
  precious specifications are needed I can provide them.)

  I looked at the attached debug log and found that the presentation
  plugin causes a delay by almost one minute. Here the related lines:

  2011-08-07 09:23:57,000 openlp.plugins.presentations.lib.impresscontroller
  DEBUG    get_com_servicemanager openoffice
  2011-08-07 09:24:48,358 openlp.plugins.presentations.lib.impresscontroller
  WARNING  Failed to get COM service manager. Impress Controller has been
disabled

  NOTE: Due to the long loading time I often terminate the soffice
  process (also I did this time). So it is possible that it delays the
  start up even more.

  I noticed that the start up is only delayed the first time. If I close
  OpenLP and start it again it starts much faster.

  Cheers