> Not sure about this.
> Why have you change themes and not set a parameter in the song settings.
> We have 20+ themes and would need to change all of theme.
> Not unhappy with the idea just the implementation.
>
> Well done with the theme changes though! but you missed theme.json!

I had a thought about this when I embarked upon my little project, and I
decided to put it as a setting in a theme rather than as a global setting
mostly due to the way I use (and encourage others around me to use) OpenLP. For
myself, I use OLP in a variety of different places as I often run the AV for
events as well as in my home church(es). While my home church has the end
character in place, as does the main church in our circuit (whom we took the
idea from!), other churches I go do do not, nor would I put it in place at a
conference.

Now, I realise this is probably a me-specific thing that I do this, but as I
can often switch between events rapidly, it is much easier to change the
default theme than to go into the settings to change something - in my mind,
the 'settings' page - of any program - is there to configure when you initially
set up an application, and is subsequently mostly ignored.  For a service or
event, I will generally have two themes in use, one for song words and one for
scripture (the latter I realise requires changing in the 'settings'!), and
don't generally have alternate themes for different songs; when participating
in sung worship as a 'mere' (for want of a better word!) worshipper, I find it
very distracting if one song on the screen looks different to the next.

I do, however, see your point in it being a PITA to have to change all your
themes to match, although there are two ways I could see your comment. I first
saw it as a complaint that all the themes would have to be updated to contain
the new element (which I will come to!) but second is the one that if you do
use several different themes during a service (or even just have one theme per
service but alter them depending on what service you're at) then you make a
very good point there.

The first point has been thought of, and I made sure to maintain support for
'classic' themes that don't have that setting as part of their XML.
(Admittedly, initially this was more accident than design by working on the
themes I had already...!) I will also put my hands up and admit to missing the
JSON - I didn't know the themes had that as well as the XML!
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~richie-the-g/openlp/song-end-character/+merge/290359
Your team OpenLP Core is requested to review the proposed merge of