I wonder what the reason behind replacing vertial tabs with new lines is...

Looking at where the regex is being used I'm inclined to say the whole thing
needs to be reworked.

It's also used in the filename cleaning where linefeeds are strange, but then
again I don't know what the input always is.

I'm changing it to what you request, but you should really take a serious look
at it. From what I see, you are the last one that touched the invalid file
regex, I highly doubt this is what you actually want to happen. If it is, it is
a mystery to me...
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~thelinuxguy/openlp/fix-newline-bug/+merge/343277
Your team OpenLP Core is subscribed to branch lp:openlp.