I am reluctant to request work that does not contribute to the long-
term goals of OpenMeeting but here are my observations (from out point
of view) about the options...

Option 1 ==>
** We already experience bandwidth issues with desktop sharing.  We
have a mix of technical and non-technical users.  Some can reduce the
quality and size of the desktop that is shared--to keep bandwidth
under control--and some can not.  So this is probably not a good
option for us.

Option 2 ==>
** Is this just a matter of putting code back in that you've
previously taken out?
** If you load documents to the whiteboard BEFORE the recording
(instead of during) does this help the sync issue?
** Our recordings are likely to be 30 minutes or less.
** We have no requirement to export and do not need to provide seek.
So Option 2, besides not contributing to long-term goals may be a path
but is it worth it?

Option 3 ==>
Would this option require user's to share their desktop in order to
share a document during a recording?  I ask because all of our users
have learned to share documents on the whiteboard.  Not all have
successfully and reliably learned to use the desktop sharing tool.
>From a usability point of view, placing a document on the whiteboard
and using the moderator tools to change slides is very easy--using the
desktop sharing tool is not so easy for some users.  But it sounds
like ease of use may conflict with sound engineering decisions for
this feature.

Please let me know your thoughts.

-- Wayne