Manish,

Thank you for your suggestions.  I was already doing the second
(starting red 5 by using red5.bat) and I just rebooted the server.

I just downloaded the driver from this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9f1874b6-f8e1-4bd6-947c-0fc5bf05bf71&displaylang=en#filelist
It's been copied into the web-inf\lib directory.  However I'm getting
the same behavior.  Is there a configuration file somewhere that I
need to change to point to the correct driver?

Also, I wanted to verify that the following lines are correct for SQL
Server from the hibernate.cfg.xml file:
<property name="connection.driver_class">org.SQLServer.Driver</
property>
<property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerDialect</
property>
<property name="connection.url">jdbc:SQLServer://localhost/
openmeetings</property>

Thanks,
Jeff