hi,

1000 users CONCURRENT => 2-3 GHz CPU, 4 GB RAM recommended
if you have 1000 users a day but only 100 of them are logged in at the same
time you might try with: 2 GHz CPU, 2 GB RAM recommended

Well the best way to install it is proably by booking a installation service
:)
But anyway the documentation is quite extended. We usually use debian as
Operating System, but it should work with any linux, windows or OSx system.

sebastian