hola,

the internal OM User gets created based on the data retrieved via LDAP
Lookup (in case of succesful login).

please show us more of the logfile to identify a possible reason for
the nullpointer....

Dependent on the LdapServer u r using, the Fieldnames for the userdata
detail search have to differ. Within Code, the following LdapFields
are mapped :

public static final String LDAP_KEY_LASTNAME = "sn";
        public static final String LDAP_KEY_FIRSTNAME = "givenName";
        public static final String LDAP_KEY_MAIL = "mail";
        public static final String LDAP_KEY_STREET = "streetAddress";
        public static final String LDAP_KEY_ADDITIONAL_NAME = "description";
        public static final String LDAP_KEY_FAX =
"facsimileTelephoneNumber";
        public static final String LDAP_KEY_ZIP = "postalCode";
        public static final String LDAP_KEY_COUNTRY = "co";
        public static final String LDAP_KEY_TOWN = "l";
        public static final String LDAP_KEY_PHONE = "telephoneNumber";

these values work fine for Active Directory e.g. - but for openLdap
the Detail Field names can differ

-> so it could be possible, that u dont retrieve certaiin values
needed to create a local user.
-> the function createUserFromLdapData checks most of missing values
and replaces it by default values, but it still could be possible,
that an error occurs.
-> if u want to debug that, u could sysout the userdata within that
function and check, if some values are emtpy and if they are requiered
for creating a user object (nullable column?)

see ya

Smoeker

see ya