In our environment, we have all windows clients with the exeption of 2
MAC clients. To get native RTMPS working, we did purchase a valid SSL
cert from godaddy. I had no problem connecting using Windows clients
with a valid SSL cert. Today I did some testing and I was able to get
native RTMPS working in the MAC clients as well as a Centos 32-bit
client, but I had to import the certificates first. I have been using
native RTMPS for the publisher application and have noticed quite a
performance difference over the usual RTMPS.  All I had to do to get
it working in the Red5 Publisher was to add "proxyType=best" in the
application. What I was looking into doing was to add the proxyType
variable to the Openmeetings client code. Then, in the config.xml file
add <proxyType></proxyType> to allow you to change between the two
types. I was having some trouble finding where the NetConnection code
is in the .lzx files though. This is pretty much the last piece I was
looking into getting working before we put the server into production.
Love the project by the way and I would be willing to assist in
development in this area where I can.