Hi Dayne,

GhostScript should be installed into the %PATH% automatically that, so
typing gs should work too.

%PATH% is not Windows\System32

PATH is the name of a variable
% is the variable identifer under windows
so if you type
%PATH% => returns the value of the variable PATH
open a cmd and type %PATH%

the variable PATH is the variable that windows will search for
executables. So you type ffmpeg it will look for a ffmpeg.exe in all
paths configured in the %PATH% variable. And normally you have already
10 or more paths in it separated with an semicolon ( ";" )

for example this is a value of a PATH:
C:\Programme\TortoiseSVN\bin;%Java_HOME%\bin;%M2_HOME%\bin;C:\Programme\Subversion\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\Programme\Informix\Connect\bin;
%ORACLE_HOME%\bin;;C:\Programme\JProbe 8.3\bin

You can configure the variable by right clicking in the windows
explorer on your computer/home sign => properties the "advanced" tab,
then on the bottom "environment variables" .. you need to open a new
CMD everytime when you want to see changes you made to that.

So that is how it works on windows...

Sebastian

http://openmeetings.googlecode.com
http://www.wagner-sebastian.com