99,9 % of all times its a clent side issue.
Maybe the client down or uploads sth at that time or the hardware on the
client is busy because he has 50 browser tabs open.
Actually I can not remember any use-case where a close-up view did reveal
that the server is the issue.
What makes you think that debian or ubuntu are more 'media-optimized'?

Sebastian